Looking to be in the know? If you are like me, and I know you are, that’s why I am sharing with you 10 top insider fitness facts.
top insider fitness facts
If you’re anything like me, and I hope you are, you want to be in the know. Am I right? It sure is nice to feel like part of the “club” or at least know what it’s about before you jump in. Well, here’s the deal, because you’re reading this post, I know you’re, at the very least, mildly interested, in becoming informed re. the fitness scene. If you haven’t read my blog before, believe me, we’re just getting started.
Let’s dive right in. Join me!
10 top insider Fitness facts
- The same cardiovascular benefit is realized with 3 (10 minute) aerobic workout sessions as is with 1 (30 minute) session. So feel free to sneak in time wherever you can find it!
- Even the fittest people you know still have to make themselves exercise on occasion. It’s not all unicorns and rainbows. You just make what’s important a priority and DO IT.
- Although there isn’t an exact science, it’s commonly believed that it takes around 66 days to create a habit. By habit I mean doing something without exerting as much self-control to keep it up. That’s less than 3 months! You can absolutely do this with exercise! It’s so worth it!
- Exercise is energy giving. It would be easy to assume that it could do the opposite, but exercise can actually cure fatigue.
- You may know that people who exercise regularly enjoy improved mood, sleep and quality of life, but did you know that improved sleep can also improve exercise? True story.
- Exercise can ease your stress by decreasing symptoms related to depression and anxiety, and by increasing your self-confidence. Not bad.
- Drinking green tea, coffee and eating red hot chili peppers may speed up your metabolism slightly but not enough to help you shed pounds. So don’t super-size that meal because you’ve had 3 skinny vanilla lattes. Unfortunately, it doesn’t work that way.
- Exercise is as effective in treating depression as pharmaceuticals in mild to moderate cases. Now this fact is truly unicorns and rainbows! The question we need to ask our doctors is, why don’t they write a RX for running or hiking outdoors?
- Top ways the fittest people stay motivated:
- Workout with a buddy.
- Set a goal: sign-up for a race, fit into a new pair of jeans, learn a new sport.
- Invest in workout gear that you love and makes you feel good.
- Workout from home – way less excuses.
- Take the time to find an exercise you enjoy – so worth it!
- Learn the best time of day for you to workout & stick to that.
- One of my favorites, the 80/20 rule works for just about everything, including exercise and nutrition. 80% of the time you’ll exercise and eat well. 20% of the time, you can give yourself a pass. That means you’ll workout 8 out of 10 days and eat healthy 8 out of 10 meals. Simple. We don’t have to be perfect! Work hard, and play hard!
Alright, I have shared with you the 10 top insider fitness facts and I’ve gotten you prepared to have your first water cooler conversation. We’ll keep working.
Be sure to sign-up for my weekly emails and share with others these top insider fitness facts !
Join our Tribe
Become part of our tribe by signing up for our weekly emails below.
As a welcome gift, you’ll receive our “At-Home Fitness Checklist”
Don’t miss out! Join us today!