Are you searching for ways to improve your mood and thoughts? You’re in the right place, I am sharing with you 10 ways to be happy right now!
First of all, if you are reading this, know that I wrote this post especially for you. I wrote it because there have been many times in my life when I needed practical yet powerful solutions to improve my mood, help me change my state of mind and stop all self-limiting thoughts in their tracks.
Start with intentional breathing
Let’s get started. Before you do anything else, sit in a comfortable position, in a quiet place, close your eyes and take 10 deep and controlled breaths. Inhale through your nose and exhale through your mouth.
If you don’t have time to do ANYTHING else, take you deep breaths then move straight to #1.
If you have more time, take your deep breaths, do #1 and #2 next.
Ideally, you’ll be able to take advantage of all my recommendations that I’ve learned through my own experience, personal therapy, self-help books, meditation and journaling.
Recommendations meant to action in descending order, from 10 to 1
10 ways to be happy right now
10. Get your sweat on! Throw on some workout clothes and run out the door, literally. Get your heartrate up and catch an endorphin high!
9. Take a loooong hot bath or shower. Enjoy it and luxuriate in yummy bath bubbles, shower gels or other potions and lotions.
8. Make and slowly sip a cup of your favorite tea hot tea.
7. Put on some beautiful, silky or lacey panties and bra that give you confidence.
6. Get dressed in an outfit you feel really good in.
5. Fix your hair. Make it beautiful. Curl it. Twist it. Braid it. Style it.
4. Have a piece of your favorite treat or baked good. Be sure you’re sitting down so you can truly take a moment to taste and enjoy it.
2. Write things that you are thankful for AND that you love for 5 minutes (more if you can dedicated the time).
1. Look at your beautiful self in the mirror and tell yourself the following:
- Negative feelings are temporary and fleeting. I am aware of their temporary nature.
- I am safe. I am okay.
- I am whole. I am enough.
- I am not broken. I have never been broken.
- There is no one else like me. I am unique.
- I have a fundamental birthright to be happy.
- I am more than my thoughts. I don’t have to believe them if they are negative or stressful.
- I love and accept myself, exactly the way I am.
Now that you’re feeling better, go conquer the world and remember these 10 ways to be happy right now!
Until we meet again,