You may think it’s impossible to have a delicious Weight Watchers burger, but this delicious Jalapeno Pepper Jack Black Bean burger will prove you wrong.
Weight Watchers Jalapeno Pepper Jack Black Bean Burger Recipe
If you’re anything like me, you may have turned your nose up at a veggie burger in the past. After all, a black bean burger doesn’t really sound very appetizing. But this jalapeno pepper jack black bean burger will definitely change your mind!
The best part about this Weight Watchers recipe is that it’s so quick and easy to make. I can have dinner on the table in 30 minutes, and I usually always have all of the ingredients on hand.
Don’t worry, if you aren’t a fan of spicy food, you can substitute the pepper jack cheese for cheddar. You can also substitute a red, green, or yellow bell pepper for the jalapeno.
Just add a side of baked fries and even a simple steamed vegetable side like carrots to go with this flavorful burger, and you have a full meal ready to go!
Jalapeno Pepper Jack Black Bean Burger
Prep Time: 20
Cook Time: 10
Total Time: 30
Ingredients for Jalapeno Pepper Jack Black Bean Burger
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 can (14.5 ounces). canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 cup reduced fat pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 2 tsp. mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Jalapeno Pepper Jack Black Bean Burger
- Put your oats into a food processor and pulse it about 4 times, or until the rolled oats are ground up a little bit. Add half of the drained and rinsed black beans and pulse the food processor a few more times until a paste is made. Next, put the egg and cumin seasoning in the food processor and pulse until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Take the mixture out of the food processor and put it in a large mixing bowl. Then add the other half of your black beans, shredded pepper jack cheese, chopped jalapeno, red onion, mustard, and your salt and pepper, and stir everything until it’s all well combined.
- Form into 4 patties and put them in the fridge for 15 to 20 minutes so the patties can get a little more firm before cooking. Place in between sheets of parchment paper to keep separate if necessary.
- Heat your skillet on medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray. Cook each patty for about 4 minutes on each side until brown and crispy.
Can I freeze these black bean burgers?
I recommend doubling or tripling this recipe and freezing some extra for nights you need a dinner that is already ready to go. It’s best if you cook your burgers before freezing them. In order for your burgers to freeze well, you want to let them cool completely and come to room temperature. If you put the cooked black bean burger into the freezer before it’s cooled, it will give off steam that will become freezer burn. And nobody wants freezer burnt food!
Lay a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet and lay your black bean patties out, so they aren’t touching. Put them in the freezer uncovered for about 2 hours. After the 2 hours, use parchment paper to keep the patties separate in a freezer bag or freezer-safe container. These will keep in the freezer for up to 4 months.
To serve, reheat from frozen in a skillet or microwave. Make sure to heat entirely through for the best results.
Can I add sauce to this black bean burger?
If you’re a fan of sauce, you can totally add some flavor with some sauce. I like adding Thousand Island or Ranch to my burger to help with the heat, but you could really add any favorite BBQ sauce or dressing you want. Just be sure to add that into your points for the meal!
How to Calculate Points for Weight Watchers
For the Purple Weight Watchers program, these burgers are 1 point, and for the Blue Weight Watchers program, it’s 2 points serving. For the Green Weight Watchers Smartpoints, it is 5 points.
If you try this recipe and like it, please tell us in the comments!
BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THESE OTHER GREAT WEIGHT WATCHERS RECIPES
- WEIGHT WATCHERS ZERO POINT CHICKEN TACO SOUP
- WEIGHT WATCHERS BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
- WEIGHT WATCHERS PANCAKES