If you’re looking for an easy Weight Watchers recipe that you can make for dinner tonight, then these Weight Watchers steak fajitas are perfect! It’s easy to customize and is absolutely delicious.
Weight Watchers Steak Fajita Dinner
To me, there is nothing better than a healthy filling, flavorful dinner. Fajitas are also a great crowd pleaser because each person can customize their own toppings.
Steak fajitas have a perfect track record with getting zero complaints at my house. This healthy homemade dish will be on repeat weekly at your house, I guarantee it.
There really is little to no prep for these delicious steak fajitas, but if you’re feeling really motivated, you can prep the steak the night before by letting it marinate in some oil and lemon juice. It definitely isn’t necessary.
Check out this super simple steak fajita dinner you can make in a snap for family dinner tonight.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for weight watchers Steak Fajitas
- 1 pound flank steak
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 packet fajita seasoning
- ⅓ cup of water
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 8 corn tortillas
- Reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Fat-free sour cream
- Chopped tomatoes
- Shredded Romain lettuce
- Hot Sauce
- Black beans
- Banana Peppers
How to Make Weight Watchers Steak Fajitas
- Preheat your oven to a low broil and line your baking sheet with foil. Put your flank steak on a baking sheet.
- Mix the Worchestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, seasoning salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle ½ of the mixture over your steak on the baking sheet.
- Broil the steak for about 4 minutes. Remove steak from oven and turn over. Put the rest of the spice mixture on the other side of steak. Broil for another 4 minutes until steak is cooked to your liking.
- Slice steak into thin strips and reserve the juices.
- Prepare onion and bell peppers by chopping and slicing.
- Add oil to pan over medium-high heat and add vegetables. Saute until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add steak along with reserved juices in and mix in fajita seasoning packet with water. Blend until well mixed and let simmer for 4 minutes.
- Prepare tortillas by heating on the stove individually or wrapping them in a wet paper towel and heating them up in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- When you cut your flank steak into thin strips, be sure to cut against the grain. Let it rest for at least 5 minutes after cooking before you start cutting it up, though.
- If you want more tender steak, you can always tenderize with a meat mallet to break up the tough muscle fibers. Another option is to let the steak marinate in citrus (lemon or lime juice) anywhere from a few hours to overnight.
- Let your meat come to room temperature before broiling.
- The trick to delicious tender flank steak is cooking it low and slow.
- If you’re in a hurry, use a food chopper to get the veggies prepared quickly without too much fuss.
How to Store Fajitas
If you’re wondering if you can store and reheat leftover fajitas, you totally can! Just be sure to let your mixture cool completely and store them in an airtight container. Steak fajitas can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days.
If you are meal prepping, make sure you keep your tortillas separate from your fajita mixture. Soggy tortillas are no good.
To reheat your fajitas, you can either put them in the microwave for 1-minute increments until everything is heated through or throw them on the stove with about a tablespoon of water and heat everything through.
How to Calculate Points for Weight Watchers Steak Fajitas
For Purple, Blue, and Green WW plans, these fajitas come out to 5 points per serving. Keep in mind that a serving size for this recipe is ½ cup of flank steak mixture on one corn tortilla.
Don’t forget to add points for the toppings you choose to add to your steak fajitas!